Friday, June 17, 2011

Grown-ups!

We're buying a house! Ok, so I haven't made the offer on this house yet but I plan on doing that this afternoon. After that first house fell through, we looked at this one and voile! We loved it.

It's just a few blocks from our current place but the neighborhood is totally different then the "ghetto" we live in now. If you have never been to Lincoln, our nice neighborhood is considered a ghetto, lots of rentals, people of color and college kids. Oh and hookers that seem to like to proposition the mister when he walks Lucy. I, however, get nice friendly hellos and requests to pet the dog. 

Below are some pictures I took of the house when I went to meet an inspector. I took this quick pictures (that is why they are blurry) as we walked through the house. No pictures of the upstairs since we didn't go up.

The house is in great shape for it's age. The floor jousts have been completely reinforced, insulation has been blown in throughout the whole house and the basement is DRY!! Hooray!

I have pictures of the neighborhood as well which I will post tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know how the bidding goes. Hopefully we will be in a new house by August!

No comments:

Post a Comment