Monday, July 11, 2011

But does the carpet match the drapes?

RC and have an ongoing disagreement regarding the carpet in the new house. I know you were expecting some racy blog post on more personal topics but alas, it's still house related. Womp...womp...

The house has these great original wood floors, carpet in the first floor bedrooms and the strangely enough, the upstairs bathroom. I personally like the carpet. RC hates the carpet. It supposedly makes him sick to his stomach just looking at it.

O
This green one is my favorite.


Perhaps I am too retro in my thinking....

NOT as enamored by this bad boy.  

The rusty brown leaves something to be desired....

 I truly love the green. The brown not so much. Aren't plain wood floors cold? Don't you need rugs and shiz to keep your furniture from scratching the finish?

We also looked at appliances that we need to buy. Here is my crazy idea: I want....drumroll please....an upright refrigerator and full upright freezer. Yes. Two separate units. I figure why not just buy them separately since we would only end buying a freezer anyway if we went with a traditional fridge. This just cuts out the extra appliance. What do you think? Genius or corn-fed folly?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I agree with RC on this one. The green carpet is definitely better than the brown, but the green still doesn't really do it for me. It looks sort of outdated. But if you do decide to change it, you can always put that on the to-do list for later, and maybe you'll change your mind by then.

    Carpet in the bathroom seems unilaterally gross, regardless of style, and my aunt who worked in a carpet store and has seen the padding underneath used bathroom carpet agrees with me.

    I think the separate fridge/freezer seems genius, if you have the space in your kitchen for it. My parents have a regular fridge/freezer in the kitchen and a chest freezer in the basement, and it's a pain in the ass to make trips downstairs for extra ice cream or whatever.

    I don't think you need rugs to protect your wood floors if they're properly finished, but I can't really back that up.

    Thus endeth my litany of opinions.

    ReplyDelete