Friday, August 19, 2011

Get off MY lawn!!

Hiya Friends!

We closed on the house Tuesday! Hooray!!! I'm a grown-up!

Rob and I went over and hung out in our house just to hang out. Then, in the backyard, we met the crazy, barking neighbor dog. It jumped up on the fence, broke a slat and sent Rob and I scurrying away. So task #1 for the house? Replace the fence!

The contractors will be starting work on Monday then once their work is done, we can move in for real! The contractor said it was ok to paint and move stuff in as long as it doesn't in their way to get there work done. We took one load over yesterday and put it in a corner of the basement. I imagine we will take more over tonight, look at some more paint, pull up carpets and look at our wood floors again. We are thinking of getting them refinished but that =$$$$. Did you notice the # of $ signs in that sentence? That is the estimate I have right now. Yikes!

I'll post some pictures once we get some stuff done to the house. Some questions we have are:

  1. what is the best way to clean the deck? 
  2. what is a good color to paint the kitchen?

We are open to suggestions. :-) 








No comments:

Post a Comment