Thursday, September 1, 2011

Taking a flying leap...

or how to sprain your ankle two days after moving in.

Hello from the land of homeownership! We've been in the house since Sunday and have not really done much of anything that would resemble "decorating".

Some of the walls have been painted and most of the colors can be found at Walmart although we did our shopping at the Home Depot:

The kitchen:
which is actually cleaned up now thanks to the mister, is painted the lovely shade of Natural Wicker. The layout of the kitchen makes it seem like it was designed to have a separate freezer and fridge.

In the dining room, with it's beyoutiful chandelier:


We chose Natural Linen which is slightly darker than the Wicker. The floors are still causing me anxiety as I want to clean them thoroughly but am hampered by how hard it is on your body!

The Mister and I went back and forth on the color for the living for a few days before giving up and going for the original color we had chosen  of Soft Sage:


The contractors painted the two bedrooms upstairs as part of the bid. Mini-me chose Martha Stewart Cornflower Blue:



Our bedroom is another Glidden Paint Moonlight Grey:


I don't have a picture of the Boy's room but painted the lower half of each wall Martha Stewart Vermilion which looked like blood smeared on the walls when we tested it. Now that it is done it looks nice but I had some doubts!

This upcoming weekend holds fence repair for the Mister and me hobbling around on crutches after missing 2 or 3 basement steps last night and spraining my ankle. I have an air cast on it and I hope it will heal up extremely fast! That's my hope anyway. Scooting up and down the stairs to the basement is crappy. I'll post more pictures as we actually get to work on the house. We spent what felt like 100 hours cleaning our old blue house.
Thanks 1343 for taking care of us for 3 years!! I hope you find another family to care for soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment